Welcome to Chez La Mer Backpackers
Only an hour and fifteen minutes from Christchurch, you can discover the beauty of the Banks Peninsula while staying in the heart of historic Akaroa.
- Relax in our tranquil, private garden or choose from over 15 scenic walks/tracks around Akaroa.
- Ask us for information on swimming or kayaking with Hector dolphins.
- Borrow one of our mountain bikes and ride to the nearby Maori village of Onuku, with its breathtaking views of the harbour and historic church and Marae.
- Spend an afternoon fishing (with one of our free rods).
- Visit any of the nearby secluded swimming/surfing beaches.
- Join Roy for specially priced sailing trips aboard the Fox II in Akaroa Harbour.
- FREE WiFi.
Chez La Mer Backpackers is charming, historic and homely. Our large private garden setting is an oasis for weary travelers. There are three well-equipped kitchens (free herbs and spices), a lounge, dining room and sun porch. We have a queen room, double rooms, twin rooms, a triple room, and five and four bed dorms.
- All bedding supplied.
- FREE WiFi
- FREE Gas BBQ available.
- FREE gourmet brewed coffee and tea.
- FREE mountain bikes.
- FREE fishing rods.
- FREE hotties (hot water bottles)
- All rooms heated and extra wool blankets available.
- Guest laundry facilities
- Guest coin operated telephone.
- Internet, grocery, banking, restaurants, cafes, pubs and beach are only 1 block away.
- Iron & hairdryer available.
Get in Touch
Find us at the Hostel
Chez La Mer
50 Rue Lavaud
Give us a ring or email
Chez La Mer
+64 3 304 7024
Mon - Sun, 9:00-21:00