1. Do you supply linen?
Yes, all rooms / beds come with complete set of linen.
2. How far away is Akaroa from where I am?
Click here for the New Zealand Map & Distance Calculator
3. Can I eat out in Akaroa?
Yes, there are over 10 terrific restaurants ranging from the world famous Akaroa Fish and Chips to the fantastic French food of The Little Bristro. There is also a grocery store nearby if you’d like to cook for yourself.
4. What is there to do in and around Akaroa?
Check out our “Things to do” page or get more info at www.akaroa.com.
5. Do I need to book ahead?
You definitely need to book ahead between the months of November and April to avoid disappointment.
6. Do you have off street parking?
No, but there are no time limits for parking on the street in front of or behind the hostel.
7. Do you have a TV?
No, we don’t, but if you must watch it, you can find one at the pub next door. We have plenty of board games, puzzles, CDs and books that will keep you entertained as well.
8. Is there a grocery store nearby?
Yes there is one only about 100 meters away.
9. Do you have Internet access?
Wifi is FREE if you have your own devices.
10. If I am doing the Banks Peninsula Track, can I store luggage at your backpackers?
Yes, of course you can. We have a storage room and your luggage will be safe until your return. This is a free service.
11. Do you have cooking facilities?
Yes we have three fully equipped kitchens, they even have spices.
12. How far are you from the beach or ocean?
About 100 meters, just go out the back gate and down the street to the beach.
13. My bus doesn’t leave until the afternoon, is there a place I can keep my luggage?
Yes, luggage can be stored in the piano room of the backpackers until you leave. You are welcome to use the kitchen and make yourself at home while you wait.
14. Do you allow children?
No, sorry we do not allow children under 12 years old.
15. Where is a good place to ride bikes in Akaroa?
We have free mountain bikes for guests. There is a short ride to the lighthouse, or for the more energetic you can ride to Onuku, the Maori village that is about 7 kilometers from Akaroa. There is some mountain biking in the Garden of Tane reserve, which is filled with dirt paths and trails.